Bright and cheery decor!I am a Pinterest addict. I recently saw a pin for tissue paper pom-poms and I pinned it right away. I'm redecorating my office (here is the before and after I redid my filing cabinets) and thought, why not?
You can follow Toni's pom-pom instructions on her site, but the way I did it differs just a bit because I used two colors of tissue paper to match my color scheme. The whole project cost under $10, but made a big impact.
Here's how I did it:
- Take four sheets of tissue paper and lay them on your work surface.
- Accordion fold the sheets like you would to make a paper fan when you were a kid. If you never made paper fans as a kid, check out the how-to video, below. The first few seconds will show you all you need to know.
- Next, tie the center of the accordion with a piece of string. Make sure to cinch the string really tight.
- Cut the ends of the accordion into points.
- Repeat step 1-4 with a different color of tissue paper, then tie the two accordions together at their middles.
- Gently pull each piece of tissue paper out from the others until the whole thing looks like a ball.
- Tie a ribbon to the center of the ball where it is cinched with string and tack to the ceiling with a silver upholstery tack.
What do you think? I love them! They add so much color to my boring office. :)