One or two is enough.
[bctt tweet="When it comes to Facebook, 1 or 2 posts per day is the sweet-spot. #socialmedia"]
How Facebook Compares to Twitter
On Twitter you can get away with posting several times per hour and reap a lot of likes and follows. This is because Twitter shows a post when a person posts it. If your follower isn't looking at their feed when you post, they may miss it unless they go directly to your page. (Note: I did recently unfollow someone on Twitter because they posted every few minutes for hours. That's too much!)
Facebook isn't like that. It will place your latest post in your follower's feed, even if you posted a few hours ago. The more likes, shares and comments you get, the more times the post will appear in your follower's feed.
Facebook Just a Little
So, if you post a bunch of Facebook posts, all of those posts are going to flood your follower's feeds and, more than likely, they will get sick of seeing you too much. One or two posts per day is the perfect amount. Remember, absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Since you are only posting once or twice per day, make sure that your posts are awesome.
Here are some guidelines that I've learned when working with clients:
- Include a bright, colorful, interesting photo.
- Be clever and funny.
- Ask questions to increase your comment count.
- Get your followers talking about something they feel passionate about.
- Entertain! People love watching other people do stuff, so videos are great.
- Links that give simple tips are really popular with the Facebook crowd.