Pinterest is often an overlooked social media site, but there's one big reason to implement a Pinterest social media marketing plan for your web content.
Hello Society found that purchases originating with Pinterest average around $168.83 per checkout. That's almost double the results from Facebook and Twitter!
Are you convinced, yet? If so, here are 10 ways to kill marketing on Pinterest.
- Use the right image size. Posts that get the most attention use photos that are 735 x 1,102 pixels. Use a minimum width of no less than 600 pixels to get the best look.
- Get the aspect ratio right. According to Pinterest, use aspect ratios of 2:3 to1:3.5.
- Be creative with your product shots. Everyone has photos with white backgrounds. Get creative and place your product in fun places, then take the shot. For example, take a few photos of people enjoying your product.
- Don't pin every single photo from your site. People will get bored. Only pin amazing images. [bctt tweet="Don't pin every single photo from your site. People will get bored. Only pin amazing images."]
- Don't pin all at once. Don't go pin crazy and pin a bunch of things all at once or your followers will be bombarded with a sea of images...and then they will unfollow your boards.
- Use bright colors. Bright colors catch people's attention.
Don't just market. Don't just pin your products and call it a day. Create boards that will interest your target audience and incorporate your products. For example, I created this board for Goody hair products. Notice that the board is about creating hair styles, which is something their customers are interested in. I only pinned one of their products in the board to make it seem less commercial and more helpful.
- Interact! Make sure that you take the time to reply to comments made on your pins. People like following companies that offer a personal touch.
- Don't show everything. When pinning, make sure not to show everything. Make sure that people will click over to your site because they are curious. Learn more about this here.
- Boost who sees your pins. Give Promoted Pins a try.
Want to learn more about rocking Pinterest? See my article: One Tip to Get More Traffic from Pinterest