Best High-Paying Freelance Gigs of the Week: June 24, 2019
Hey No-Fluffers! I’ve rounded up the best high-paying freelance gigs of the week. These gigs pay at least $100 a piece, offer a full-time salary, or pay more than $50 an hour. They are classified as remote jobs, virtual jobs or work-from-home jobs, which means you can do them from home.
Note: I don’t know anything about these positions other than what I post. I weed out the seedy looking ones, but it is your job to be diligent when applying. Also, please don’t message me with questions about the postings. If a link doesn’t work the posting has probably been taken down because the gig has been filled. If you have a gig for freelance writers that pays at least $100 a peice or over $50 an hour, please contact me and I will include your gig in next week’s post.
Writers for People 50 and Over
Pay: $1 per word
More information: AARP
Marketing Copywriter / Graphical Producer
More information: LinkedIn
Global Issues Writer
Pay: $350 per 1,000 word article
More information: (sourced from Pitchwiz) ZEKE: The Magazine for Global Documentary is seeking writers for its upcoming fall issue. Each issue of ZEKE presents three photo-driven stories on global issues that are accompanied by 1,000-word essays exploring each issue in greater depth.
ZEKE is published twice a year in print and digital by the Social Documentary Network. Past issues have explored global warming, refugees and migration, sexual violence, life and war in Ukraine, maternal health in Africa, the wars in Iraq and Syria, and other issues of global concern.
Writers must have journalism experience or experience interviewing experts and incorporating testimony in final piece. The essays are not opinion pieces but rather are information-driven and drawn from reliable sources.
We will be ready to assign actual articles by June 27 and would need three week turn around for first draft. Compensation is $350 per 1,000 word article.
To view past issues of ZEKE magazine, click here: https://www.zekemagazine.com/read
Interested candidates should send letter, resume, and writing samples to:
Pay: $60-$70 an hour
More information: Book in a Box
American Forests Writer
Pays: Up to $2000 for features
More information: American Forest
Freelance Writer to Simplify Legalese
More information: We’re looking for reliable, talented freelance writers who love writing about a wide range of topics, including legal topics. Most of our work is on legal topics. All topics related to legal are entry-level and not at an academic level. You’ll be writing about everything from why a certain legal contract is required for a business to writing a checklist article of best tools to use for an e-commerce store to increase sales. About The Work We understand the value of quality content. We’re not looking for plain text articles, but well-researched articles to educate our readers: articles with images, links, quotes from research papers, expert’s quotes etc. Our articles are often 1000+ words, generally around 2,000 words. Some articles are beyond 10,000 words.
We’re not looking to game search engines, but rather educate our customers about the legal contracts they’re searching for. We aim to be a teacher to our customers. We are looking for writers available for a minimum of one day/week. We have as much work as you can handle. We don’t micromanage. We are very clear on what we want for every article. We provide topics with a proposed structure including due dates and the minimum required length. There is sometimes communication back and forth during the revision session. But for the most part: you write the article, turn it in, we review and ask for edits if necessary and then publish it. Writers get paid every other week, in US dollars by PayPal. Depending on where we’ll publish your work, and for as much as we can, we’ll show your bio byline to give you author credits.
• Native English speaker with strong writing skills. We can make an exception on this if you have English Proficiency qualification.
• Exceptional online research skills
• Well organized and reliable
• Some degree of technical proficiency (using Google Docs, taking screenshots) It’s a major plus if you have any of the following:
• Legal degree or paralegal experience
How Do We Work?
We work remotely. We don’t need to sync time zones. We work over Google Docs and email.
How To Apply?
Send an email to email@example.com with:
• A 4-5 sentence introduction explaining why you think you would be a good fit
• 3 URLs showcasing your work related to internet laws or technology
• Your freelance writing rates (per word, please!) Please format your subject line as follows: “Your Name | Freelance Writer | WeWorkRemotely” (example: John Doe | Freelance Writer | WeWorkRemotely). The subject line format is important, otherwise our editor won’t get your email.
Legal Writer (Telecommute/Work From Home) - Washington
More information: LinkedIn
Looking for Canadian Writers
Pay: $250 CDN
What We Publish
We publish original essays, op eds, and feature articles up to 1,000 words in length, in both English and French, that offer a distinctly Canadian take on media-related issues and help readers understand the state of journalism and storytelling in our country and how the changing landscape affects our democracy, culture, and daily life. We look for fresh, sharp, original thinking. Topics that interest us include, but are not limited to:
The link between democracy and the media (for examples, view our Dalton Camp Award–winning articles↗︎).
The value of public broadcasting, the role of public broadcasting in a healthy democratic society, and the future of public broadcasting.
The impact of the media crisis on a cause you know well.
How other countries are managing the media crisis.
The impact of local journalism on individual communities, especially Indigenous and minority communities.
Fake news and corruption in the media.
How digital media is shifting the cultural landscape.
Cultural policy in the internet age.
What Canadian content means and what importance it has on our national identity.
How foreign media giants (including Google and Facebook) behave, the role they play in creating Canadian content, and how (much) they should be regulated.
We welcome pitches from all writers, no matter your background or level of experience, and particularly encourage submissions from traditionally underrepresented communities and voices. All articles are subject to an editorial review process. We pay $250 CDN upon publication.
Please do not submit completed articles, or previously published work. Instead, send a succinct description of your intended topic, approach, and format, note why you’re the right person to write the piece, and include writing samples or links to recent work, if applicable.
We welcome pitches in English or French. Finished articles will be translated and published in both English and French.
All pitches should be sent to editor Mary Dickie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Freelance Writer for Articles & Short Booklets
Pay: $.10 per word, with typical articles ranging from 1200-2000 words (or $120-200 per article)
More information: Craigslist
Military Family Writers
More information: (Source) AmeriForce Media, publisher of Military Families and The Reserve & National Guard, strives to build relationships with writers and photographers, while elevating the stories of today’s military community.
Please read all of the information below before submitting your pitch to ensure your idea is a good fit for our editorial needs. We also recommend that writers take the time to learn our voice by subscribing for free to the following:
The DOs of pitching AmeriForce Media
▪ DO specify what platform of ours that you are pitching, and whether you think it’s a better fit for print or digital.
▪ DO briefly summarize your story idea in no more than two paragraphs.
▪ DO tell us who (if applicable) you would interview for the story. We prefer stories to have at least two credible sources.
▪ DO include 1-2 links of your previously published work.
▪ DO pitch us stories that connect to larger themes and issues that think outside the box.
▪ DO pitch us ideas that we have not already published.
▪ DO grammar and spell check before hitting submit.
Payment for stories varies with estimated ranges of $75 USD to $200 USD.
Download our PITCH GUIDE for expanded details.
Ready to connect? How to pitch AmeriForce Media
Submit your pitch by clicking here: PITCH US. We try to respond to every submission, but please allow 2 to 4 weeks for a response.
Call for Pitches: Reporting the Caribbean and the Environment
Pay: $500 and $2,000
More information: NACLA
Freelance Content Writer
More information: Thomasnet
More information: Red Hat
Jr- Mid Level Writer & Communications Contractor
More information: As a Writer and Communications Contractor for the Global Field Enablement Team, this role will support the Engagement and Communications Sr. Manager with developing internal field communications and field enablement campaigns targeted to a technical sales audience. This position will help create emails, announcements, write-ups, presentation designs, email formatting, asset creation, and system updates. The person will research, write, prepare copy and visuals, gain the appropriate reviews, organize distribution lists, design layout, send, publish online content, and reinforce through different internal social media channels.
Please email your Resume in Word format, Visa status, Availability to start and Hourly Rate expectations at email@example.com
Position Title: Jr- Mid Level Writer and Communications Contractor
100% Remote ( Anywhere in US) - FT 40 hours a week required
Duration: 6 months ( extendable)
• The candidate s actual resume should be a great example of their writing/design
• Looking for someone with about 5-8 years professional experience.
• The goal is to find a someone who can grow and evolve with the role and the organization.
• Junior- to mid-level candidates with high quality writing samples.
• Support Engagement and Communications Sr. Manager with duties as needed and assigned
• Work with various constituencies to prepare copy for internal field communications
• Research content, ask questions about the content, present options for visualizations of content, and develop first and final drafts
• Communicate professionally with stakeholders
• Write audience-targeted communications (technical sales audience)
• Validate audience distribution lists as needed
• Perform administrative tasks to promote and execute communications in the systems (Newsletter software, Internal Social Media, Portal)
• Advanced writer (can write copy, synthesize ideas, write in various styles and voices)
• Advanced editor (can edit copy and images for mistakes in grammar, punctuation, formatting)
• Experience in corporate graphic design and following style guidelines
• Experience working with employee or enablement communications
• Experience working in software industry
• Has a portfolio of writing samples
• Knowledge of writing and visual best practices (such as designing using the right canvas size and generating images for the appropriate resolution for communications)
• Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
• Open to feedback
• High energy, enthusiasm, and passion for the business
• Proven ability to effectively coordinate and work across functional teams internally and externally, in-person and virtually
• Ability to develop and work on multiple deliverables at one time for fast turnaround and rapid development
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change
• Adaptable to new ideas and able to find creative solutions to communication questions
• Bachelors or foreign equivalent, focus in writing or communications, or has equivalent work experience
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Please send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate response
Marketing Content Writer
More information: Be Found Online
Social media spicy meme master / Content writer / Junior Marketing all-rounder
Pay: $40k per year plu profit share program, paid time off and more
More information: Sked Social
Boy Scouts of America Topics
More information: Boy’s Life
Want to know how I find these gigs so you can search for yourself? Grab my No-Fluff Freelance Writing Starter Pack. It teaches you how I make $100 to $200 an hour at home as a freelance writer. The pack includes gig finding secrets, my two books, a social media marketing guide for writers, invoice template, contract template and more.